Tuesday, February 19, 2008

New Feature: Building The Well-Read Child’s Library

New feature alert! New feature alert!

Since I started this blog a few months ago, parents have been asking me to give them book recommendations to help them build their child’s library.

On my blog, I mostly feature books that have been recently released for a number of reasons.
  1. First, tons of wonderful new books are released all of the time, and I want to give you recommendations for some great new picks.
  2. Second, publishers send me review copies of new book, and I want to help authors raise awareness for some books that I think are great and that may get lost in the shuffle.
  3. Finally, many of the older books that I love don’t need my help and are familiar to many readers. I don’t want to waste your time talking about books you already know about.

However, there are so many wonderful books out there that I think would form an excellent foundation for every child’s library, so I’m going to start featuring a weekly top ten list, giving you ideas for building your child’s library.

I plan on researching, asking librarians and booksellers, and spending some quality time in bookstores and libraries to find excellent books you and your child will cherish.

As always, I love to hear what you and your child/children enjoy, so I welcome any and all recommendations and feedback. Just shoot me an email or leave a comment.

I’m going to start this week with the top ten board books for babies. Look for my post on Thursday. I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment