Saturday, February 6, 2010

Review Policy

Updated:09/04/2012


What types of books do you review?
I review books for children and young adults, an am especially interested in:
  • High-interest nonfiction for kids of all ages
  • Books, both fiction and nonfiction, featuring multicultural characters
  • Books geared specifically toward toddlers and babies 
  • Dystopian fiction, science-fiction, paranormal fiction for middle grade or young adults
  • Realistic/issue-based young adult fiction
I also review educational books and workbooks. 
    If you have a book that fits within these categories, please e-mail me at thewellreadchild AT gmail DOT com.


    Do you review PDFs or e-books?
    I will accept e-books of Middle Grade and Young Adult books that are compatible with a Kindle e-reader. I do not accept e-book versions of picture books. Part of the magic of reading is being able to flip through books and devour the material, especially if it's a book with illustrations.

    Do you review self-published books? 
    I accept self-published books for review on a case-by-case basis. If you have a self-published children's book, please e-mail me with a detailed description of your book and why you'd like me to consider it for review.  

    Can you guarantee a review?
    No. Acceptance of a book does not guarantee a review. Sometimes I choose not to review a book because it does not fit within The Well-Read Child's mission. I only spend time reviewing books that I feel children, young adults, and adults will find appealing or books about which I have something to say. I'm always honest in my reviews, so you may expect to see negative reviews from time to time.

    Do you review book aps? 
    Yes! I will review book aps that are downloadable on an iPhone or iPod touch. 

    Questions? 
    E-mail me at thewellreadchild AT gmail DOT com.



    4 comments:

    1. Just wanted you to know I've been enjoying your reviews, but I know what it's like when you have children - extra time is rare. Looking forward to reading whenever you get the chance to write.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Very interesting to read your review policy - I've just been sent my first two books by publishers (unsolicited) and need to draw up a policy so reading this is very helpful. I also have 2 small kids so I understand the pressures!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Belated congrats! I'm glad you're continuing to blog, even with all the commitments on your time! I'm constantly trying to strike the right balance, re-evaluating what I want to prioritize in terms of blogging vs. writing vs. life. I guess it helps to be flexible...

      ReplyDelete
    4. This reminds me that we need to get a review policy like this up too. We'll be mentoring ours after yours. THANKS!

      ReplyDelete