Sunday, August 3, 2008

Family Reading Challenge: This Week's Winner and Brief Vacation

This week we slacked off a little in the reading department. Not sure if it is the stifling heat and humidity we've been experiencing this week, but my daughter has been going to bed earlier than usual and has really been way too exhausted to even pay attention to books. I finished the last two books in the Twilight Saga, and I am letting it simmer a bit before I post my reviews. For those who are curious, I liked Book Three a lot, but was sorely disappointed in Book Four. There were so many flaws in the series in general, so I'm trying to get my head around it before I review.

Speaking of being exhausted, I am so tired I can hardly stand on my feet, so I'm going to take a bit of a break from blogging for the next week or two. I may post here and there, but I have no particular schedule in my mind.

This Week's Winner

But before I go off into no-computer land, I want to announce this week's winner of the $25 Amazon.com gift certificate: Betsy at See Besty Read! Congrats Betsy! Please email me at thewellreadchild AT gmail DOT com, and I'll send you the code for your card.


Next Week's Giveway
While I AM taking a break from blogging, my family is still committed to reading as much as possible, so I'm going to continue my weekly giveaways. Up for grabs next week is a Surprise Grab Bag of five books (children, young adult, and adult) for the winner. I will announce the winner and the book titles next Sunday.


Entry Rules

The contest is open to all participants who've signed up for the challenge. It's not too late to sign up as this challenge is ongoing indefinitely. If you haven't signed up and want to join, please leave a comment here, and I'll add you to the list. Read this post for more information about that challenge. To be eligible for the weekly giveaway, you must sign up by Friday. Next week, I'll choose a winner using Random.org, so be sure to check back then to see if you've won.



1 comment:

  1. Greetings, I would love to sign up for your reading challenge. Thanks very much.....Cindi
    jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete