Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Goosebumps is Back


I've actually never read R.L. Stine's Goosebumps series, but I do know that starting at around age 12, I had a thing for dark books. I absolutely loved V.C. Andrews' twisted books like Flowers in the Attic and My Sweet Audrina and remember checking out one after the other in the library. When I got a little older, Stephen King and Dean Koontz were always in my book pile.

Goosebumps is geared toward a younger audience than these books, so the series is not as dark and doesn't contain many of the more mature themes and language, but it definitely can give kids their horror fix.

Via this NY Times article, R.L. Stine is back with a new Goosebumps series: Goosebumps: HorrorLand. The first in the 12-book series, Goosebumps HorrorLand #1: Revenge of the Living Dummy, will be officially released on April 1, but it's already available on Amazon.

These are the types of books that kids can have fun with and that may turn some reluctant readers onto reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment