Sunday, February 3, 2008

Coming Up This Week

It's going to be a very busy week at The Well-Read Child.

On Monday, I'll be sharing my recent interview with Sara Zarr, author of Story of a Girl and Sweethearts. Sweethearts was officially released on February 1st, and Sara had a lot of very interesting answers to my questions about the book. See my review here.

Also on Monday, I will offer up a review of Peter Sis' The Wall: Growing Up Behind the Iron Curtain as part of Nonfiction Monday, hosted at Picture Book of the Day.

On Tuesday, I'll share some learning resources to accompany The Wall: Growing Up Behind the Iron Curtain , and on Wednesday, I'll post my review of Hiromi's Hands, the true story of Hiromi Suzuki, one of the first female sushi chefs in the United States.

On Thursday, check in to find some learning resources to accompany Hiromi's Hands.

Finally, on Friday, I'll feature a review of The Turtle and the Deep Blue Sky, a tale of animals who trade wings, feathers, wool, etc.

I'll also be participating in Poetry Friday hosted at AmoXcalli. Will I still be in a Yeats kind of mood, or will I offer up something else? We'll just have to see because I don't even know yet.

I hope you'll stop by this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment