Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Day Four

Last night was the fourth night we read the book, and I have to say, I think we’re all “caterpillared” out. Throughout the week, my daughter found the holes in the book and had great fun poking her fingers through them until one finger got caught. Then she wasn’t so happy. She was fine...her finger was only stuck for a brief moment. She continued to be entranced by the big orange sun, but last night was a different story. She pushed the book around for a while and then starting crawling after our terrified cat. Perhaps it was just one of those nights because she also had no interest in applesauce, her most favorite thing in the world.

I know many children love their favorite stories read to them over and over and get bored by the ones they don't love. I think my daughter may be too young to have a favorite right now, but it is possible for her to already be bored by something? What are your bedtime routines? Do you read the same story every night until your child asks for a different one, or do you mix it up from night to night? When can you tell it's time for a new book?

Check back tomorrow for a final assessment of the Very Hungry Caterpillar. If you liked this book, I'm going to give some suggestions for similar books. I'm also going to provide a sneak peek into next week's book, The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein.



No comments:

Post a Comment