I'm so excited that some of you have joined the summer reading challenge! Our challenge thus far started on Friday.
My goals include:
- Read 300 picture books or easy readers with my 5-year-old by September 4th
- Read with my 2-year-old every night
- Read something for myself every night. This is a tough one because I'm pooped by the time I get the kids to bed, but I've neglected my personal reading for a while.
So, here's how it's gone so far:
Since Friday, my daughter and I have read 15 books. We normally average about five books a night, but we had a super busy weekend and didn't read as much on Saturday and Sunday.
- The Cloud Spinner by Michael Catchpool
- Dear Tyrannosaurus Rex by Lisa McClatchy
- Potty Poo-Poo Wee-Wee! by Colin McNaughton
- Machines Go To Work by William Low
- Are You Ready to Play Outside? by Mo Willems
- Listen to My Trumpet! by Mo Willems
- I Am Invited to a Party! by Mo Willems
- Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressedby Mo Willems (We are fans of Mo)
- Monkey with a Tool Belt and the Noisy Problemby Chris Monroe
- The Monster at the End of this Book by Jon Stone and Michael Smollin
- The Cajun Cornbread Boy by Diane de las Casas
- The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
- What Dat? The Great Big Ugly Doll Book of Things to Look at, Search for, Point to, and Wonder About by David Horvath and Sun-Min Kim
- Scholastic Discover More: See Me Grow by Penelope Arlon and Tory Gordon-Harris
- Snow Rabbit, Spring Rabbit: A Book of Changing Seasonsby Il Sung Na
My son and I have also read every night. He normally listens while I read with my daughter, but I'm making sure to give him his own special reading time as well. Here are some of his favorites:
- Where Are Baby's Easter Eggs? by Karen Katz
- Baby Lamb Finds a Friend by Laura Gates Galvin
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
As for me, I'm reading the following books:
The product links in this post are affiliate links. With every purchase you make through clicking on these links, you are helping support The Well-Read Child.