Saturday, December 8, 2007

Next Week's Book, Talking Walls

Next week, I'm going to be featuring Talking Walls.

It's a little different than the books I've previously featured because it's nonfiction and features a brief history of famous walls all over the world from The Great Wall of China to the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem. It's a great way to introduce your child to many different cultures. The information is easily digestible and engaging. Margy Burns Knight tells a brief story about each wall, so it won't feel like kids are reading a boring history book.

I love this book so much that when I was a teacher, I developed a nine-week curriculum based on this book and the follow-up book, Talking Walls: The Stories Continue. So, on Tuesday be sure to finds lots and lots of ideas for learning activities and ways you can use the book as a jumping off point for teaching about different places, people, and cultures.

No comments:

Post a Comment