Saturday, December 8, 2007

The All I'll Ever Want Christmas Doll and A Song In Bethlehem, Final Word

I chose to feature these two books simultaneously because they both have similar themes and are both new books with story lines different than the same old Christmas stories with Santa and elves and toys and reindeer in distress. But that's where their similarities end. The All I'll Ever Want Christmas Doll is set in Pittsburgh during the Great Depression while A Song in Bethlehem is set, well, in Bethlehem during the first Christmas. While The All I'll Ever Want Christmas Doll focuses more on family and sharing, A Song in Bethlehem focuses more on kindness, compassion and faith.

Which one do I recommend? Well, it depends on what you're looking for.

A Song in Bethlehem has a more serious tone and has more religious undertones since it is about the birth of Christ. The All I'll Ever Want Christmas Doll is a little more lighthearted and gets more in depth with the characters and will make you laugh. Because of this, if I had to only choose one, I would choose this book. Both, however, would make great additions to your book collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment