Saturday, November 3, 2007

Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown

This is a classic storybook I actually received in a new parents' kit from my doctor's office when my daughter was born. In the book, a little bunny rabbit is getting ready for bed and says goodnight to everything around him. Because my daughter is so little, she can't understand the theme of the book, but she does enjoy watching me point at the pictures and name everything I see on the page.

Reading Tip: Parents who have trouble getting their little ones go to bed swear by this book. One mom I know reads the book to her son and then walks around his own room saying goodnight to everything in the room. She says her last step is to place her son in his crib, give him a kiss, and have him say goodnight to his little stuffed lamb. Unless he's sick, he always falls asleep shortly after.


What Other Bloggers Are Saying:


Jackie at Literary Escapism: "This is probably the only other book that [my son] will bring to either [my husband] or I to read. We can go through it four or five times before he gets bored with it." (read the rest here)

Do you have a review of Goodnight Moon? Leave a comment with your link, and I'll post it here!

3 comments:

  1. GNM still holds up. I recently noticed that the clock moves ahead slightly on every page. We also purchased the Spanish version, Buenas Noches Luna, and alternate reading night by night as part of our bilingual efforts.

    Great blog, BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm here via Weekly Geeks and it's great to find a blog aimed a kids. My son is 14 months old and I'm always looking for new books for him.

    I reviewed Goodnight Moon, but it's embedded in with a couple of other books that Ian loves at the moment. Here's my review - http://myjaxon.blogspot.com/2008/03/ians-current-favorites.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jackie,
    Thanks so much for visiting and for your positive feedback. I posted your link at the end of my review. I hope you'll visit again and find my recommendations helpful. Also, my daughter will be 14 months old in just a few days!

    ReplyDelete