Tuesday, June 26, 2012

KidLit Quote of the Day Contest: Quote 1

Tonight, we read 6 books, and as we were reading, I realized that there are some lines in books that just resonated with me, you know, the lines that make you smile and give you warm fuzzies. So, I thought we would have a bit of fun.

Every night during our summer reading challenge, I'll post a quote from a book my kids and I read before bedtime. You guess the the book and author the quote came from, and you will be entered into a drawing to win a picture book for your family or classroom. The book will come from my personal collection. Sounds like fun, right?



 I'll make the first one a little easy for you.

 "...They roared their terrible roars and gnashed their terrible teeth and rolled their terrible eyes and showed their terrible claws 'till Max said, 'Be STILL!'" 

Those who guess the title and author right will be entered into the drawing to receive a copy of Kali's Song by Jeanette Winter. Submit your guess by Friday 6/30 at midnight.

At the end of the week, I will do a random drawing from those who guess correctly from each post. I'll announce the winners and will send winners their books.

For extra entries:
  • Mention the giveaway on Twitter using my handle @wellreadchild
  • Link to the daily contest from your blog and add your link in the comments section. 

That's it! Be sure to check in tomorrow night for tomorrow's quote.






6 comments:

  1. It is swoony Maurice Sendak's Where The Wild Things Are. Every book of his is a masterpiece.

    xomichele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love the wild rumpus part! Where the Wild Things Are...

    www.katesbookery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, someone beat me to it, but of course it's from Maurice Sendak's Where the Wild Things Are. He must get a good feeling to know that his book is so recognizable by so many.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice
    Sendak...
    Thanks, Cindi
    jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Tweet!"
    https://twitter.com/cmh512/status/218070780410470401.
    Again, many thanks!
    Cindi
    jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, that one just pops right out at you! I loved this book many years ago and it is still great. I was so happy when I saw they were making a movie of it, thought it would tie my kids to the book even more...movie was a disappointment!

    ReplyDelete