Wednesday, June 27, 2012

KidLit Quote of the Day #2

Thanks to all who have guessed at yesterday's quote. Today's quote comes from one of my favorite childhood books that I've read to my own children many times.

He was a Real Rabbit at last, at home with the other rabbits. 

If you have a guess, leave the title and author of the book in the comments section. Get an extra entry if you tweet your guess using my handle @wellreadchild or link to this post from your blog. Those who guess correctly by  Saturday 6/30/12 will receive a copy of Cy Montogomery's Saving the Ghost of the Mountain: An Expedition Among Snow Leopards in Mongolia. 

Good luck, and have fun!

6 comments:

  1. The Velveteen Rabbit - A classic from my childhood and all time favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Velveteen Rabbit, which I loved as a child but now will forever remember it as the movie that made my youngest son insist has scarred him for life. Very emotional, my John-John! ;)

    xomichele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this one too - The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just sayin': Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams. Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The 'Velveteen Rabbit' can still bring a tear to the eye. I love it so much it's had 'all of its fur loved off'.

    ReplyDelete