Thursday, September 24, 2009

What My Children Are Reading (September 24 edition)

I'd like to offer a BIG THANKS to those of you who've signed up to host a Thursday in the coming weeks. There are still some November and December slots available, so please let me know if you'd like to host.

This week my daughter and I have been enjoying Dr. Seuss. Before she was born, I bought a collection of Seuss books for her library, and only recently has she begun to show interest.

The rhymes are perfect and silly, and the illustrations make her giggle. No wonder these books have been beloved by kids for years. The Cat in the Hat, Green Eggs & Ham, and One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish are her favorites!


What are your kids reading this week? Leave your link in the comments below, and I'll post them throughout the day!


Be sure to visit In Need of Chocolate next week for the roundup!

10 comments:

  1. Here's my post for the week: http://inneedofchocolate.wordpress.com/2009/09/22/what-were-reading-september-22/

    I'm excited about hosting next time around :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm... Apparently In Need of Chocolate thinks that the round up is at your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is this week. Next week is at In Need of Chocolate. In Need of Chocolate is the only one who has submitted so far this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natalie left a link on my blog thinking it was my week to round up so I wanted to move it over here :)

    http://learningwithmouse.blogspot.com/2009/09/what-my-child-is-reading-september-24.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for moving my link - I didn't read your post correctly and assumed that we are meeting at In Need of Chocolate. We like Dr Seuss here as well, but it's sort of hit and miss. Sometimes Anna wants to read a long story, but most of the time she is not terribly interested. I guess she doesn't care much for illustrations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In a little late, but here's our post this week:

    http://artofirreverence.com/2009/09/24/ggr-10/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Over at Tweendom http://tweendom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this sounds like fun and I've been wanting to write some short reviews for some of my daughter's favourite books, as well as some of my favourites for preschoolers (I'm a preschool teacher and avid board bookie).

    I haven't been very active with my blog yet, but hope to get back on track and would love the opportunity to host. If there are any slots left, I'd be thrilled to have one. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just saw your link Stacy and put it up. So sorry for the delay.

    Om Mama, I signed you up for 12/17. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not sure the exact rules for hosting this but while searching for fellow reading bloggers I came across a bunch of you and I'm interested in hosting!! Is the 12/24 slot still available? I just began a reading post of my own that's monthly called Bookworm Beginnings and I would love you to link a book post on my blog!
    http://fantasticfind.blogspot.com/2009/10/bookworm-beginnings.html
    I promise I didn't copy you and began my post BEFORE I found your wonderful What My Children Are Reading feature! But mine is just monthly because sometimes finding time to blog is insane! Your feature is cool and I'll participate when I can! Let me know!
    cjeheart@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete