Tuesday, December 2, 2008

New Online Book Group

A few days ago, I wrote about my Aunt Marian's death and about the influence she had on my life. I was talking to her husband, my Uncle Dave this past Saturday and he told me about a book group that she had formed with some friends and ladies from her church. According to him, he was instructed to make himself scarce especially as the discussion would continue over fuzzy navels for hours and stray into topics that "weren't meant for men's ears."

I had heard her talking about the group before, but I didn't know that she named the group, "The Well-Read Ladies," after my blog. To say I was touched is an understatement, and I wanted to come up with a way to remember her group and let it live on. Because I'm a computer geek and have made friends all over the world through blogging, I've decided to create an online book group called "The Well-Read Ladies."

I haven't worked out the details yet, but I imagine that it would involve the group choosing a book to read and then blogging about it. I also would like to read some of the books that her group chose, but I'll need to get some titles from my Uncle Dave.

In any case, I'm going to start ironing out the details and announce the first title sometime in January. If you'd like to participate, please email me at thewellreadchild AT gmail DOT com.


No comments:

Post a Comment