Thursday, October 16, 2008

Meet Tanya


Please welcome Tanya to the team of reviewers at The Well-Read Child!

Sharing my love of children's literature and inspiring others to read is my passion. I have been a children's bookseller for more than thirteen years now and I adore my job. I especially enjoy talking with kids about books and reading for story times at the bookstore. I also get to read out loud at home, although not as much as I should. I've been married for 17 years and have a 15 year old daughter who is a voracious reader, an 11 year old son who breaks my heart on a daily basis with his singular love of non-fiction - I can't even bribe him to read a novel, and a four year old who has not made his literary preferences clear yet.

Because I just don't get to talk about books enough at my job and at home, I started a blog, www.books4yourkids.com, so I could continue the conversation and have found a really great community in cyberspace! I want to help parents, especially those with advanced readers, find the best books for their kids. With this in mind, I review books that I think are outstanding in their field and maybe not always on the shelves of the bookstore or the library.


WELCOME TANYA!



No comments:

Post a Comment