For today's Nonfiction Monday selection, I'm bringing you a book for the smallest nonfiction lovers in your family.
Back in March, I reviewed four board books in Tricycle Press's Busy Book Series. They continue to be a favorite in our house, especially Busy Kitties. Well, Tricycle Press kindly sent the latest book in the series, Busy Pandas. After a recent trip to the National Zoo where my daughter saw the pandas and received her very own tiny stuffed panda, she has been entranced by this book.
Following the same format as the other books in the series, each page in the book features a full-color photographs of pandas demonstrating the action word on the page that will help your child build vocabulary. Both baby and adult pandas are in the book doing many things young children will be familiar with. For example, we see a "panda eating," a stalk of bamboo another "panda hiding" behind bamboo, a big "panda sliding" in the snow on its back, and tiny baby "panda napping" with its mother.
The sturdy board book with thick pages makes it an ideal choice for not-so-gentle toddlers. I highly recommend this book and the others in the series. Not only do they teach fun action words, but the beautiful photographs will keep even the smallest of kids engaged.
- Reading level: Baby-Preschool
- Board book: 19 pages
- Publisher: Tricycle Press; Brdbk edition (October 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1582462593
- ISBN-13: 978-1582462592
Other books in the series include:
- Busy Bunnies, by John Schindel, photography by Steven Holt
- Busy Horsies, by John Schindel, photography by Casi Clark
- Busy Piggies, by John Schindel, photography by Steven Holt
- Busy Barnyard, by John Schindel, photography by Steven Holt
- Busy Kitties, by John Schindel, photography by Sean Franzen
- Busy Penguins, by John Schindel, photography by Jonathan Chester
- Busy Doggies, by John Schindel, photography by Beverly Sparks
- Busy Monkeys, by John Schindel, photography by Luiz Claudio Marigo