Saturday, August 9, 2008

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer

I've been avoiding writing about Breaking Dawn because I was REALLY REALLY trying to think of something nice to say. Well, I don't have anything nice to say. Icky Icky Poo Poo.

Luckily, Elizabeth Hand is more mature than me and summed up the series, along with a review of Breaking Dawn in The Washington Post. contains spoilers, so don't read her review if you want to suffer through the torture of reading Breaking Dawn on your own. I wholeheartedly agree with her, especially when she says, "The most devoted readers will no doubt try to make excuses for this botched novel, but Meyer has put a stake through the heart of her own beloved creation."

Alright, devoted readers. What's your excuse?


  1. Thank you thank you for that link. Now I know I won't be reading the books....

  2. I stumbled onto your blog whilst looking for what other people thought of the book. I did review it on mine - it took a while because I couldn't think of anything nice to say either but people kept asking because I'd been so excited for the book.

    Yuck. Wretched book.

  3. You're most welcome, Rebecca. It was a terrible disappointment.

    I just read your review and agree with all of your points. Wretched, indeed.

  4. Phew! I was surprised by how many people came out to tell me they liked it. I'm sad I can't think of anything I liked...
    Did you read The Host?