Here are the results, along with my completely "untrained-in-survey-analysis" commentary: (Note that the totals don't add up to 100% because people were allowed to choose more than one answer. That's about as well as a I can explain it, since I must have been napping during Statistics class in college. Did I even take statistics in college?)
For which age group would you like to see more book recommendations?
- Babies and Toddlers (37.5%)
- Preschool and Elementary Children (75%)
- Middle Graders (62.5%)
- Young Adults (25%)
- Other: Remedial and Reluctant Readers (25%)
For which genre would you like to see more book recommendations?
- Fiction (50%)
- Nonfiction (62.5%)
- Educational (25%)
- Parenting (37.5%)
What types of posts would you like to see more of?
- Book reviews (87.5%)
- Supplemental resources for classrooms (50%)
- Reading tips (25%)
- Literacy news (12.5%)
- Author and illustrator interviews (0%)
To help us get a better understanding of our audience, are you:
- Teacher (25%)
- Parent (62.5%)
- Librarian (25%)
- Blogger (62.5%)
- Author (0%)
- Other: Literacy Advocate, Homeschooling Parent(25%)
- I like your site. Maybe review more classics--it's not all about the newly published works. I like to hear what people have to say about the ones that our parents and parents parents read when they were kids too.
- I understand the desire to evolve ... but I love the Well-Read Child as is, too!