- The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
- Each player answers the questions about themselves.
- At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog.
- Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
What were you doing five years ago?
Wow, this time five years ago was actually a pivotal turning point in my life. I was finishing up a very difficult school year as a teacher and was struggling with the decision as to whether or not I wanted to remain a teacher or do something else with my life. I ultimately decided not to renew my teaching contract to pursue more creative opportunities. I ended up getting a job as a copywriter at a communications firm in Alexandria, VA, and today I'm still here and serve as the director of the content development team. I know I made the right decision, but I sometimes miss teaching and my students.
Also, five years ago, I was planning a July wedding, which neither my husband or I backed out of. So far so good... ;)
What are five things on your to-do list for today (not in any particular order)?
- Respond to MotherReader's meme
- Proofread a website for work
- Get my oil changed
- Call the HVAC peeps to come fix my A/C
- Research car seats because my daughter is growing out of hers
- Dark Chocolate
- Ripe cherries
- Chocolate covered strawberries
- Salt 'n Vinegar Chips
- Garden fresh cucumbers and tomatoes drenched in salt and vinegar (I like salt & vinegar
- Travel all over the world (my top five destinations would be Greece, Italy, Ireland, Spain, and France)
- Build a big white house in the country with a wrap-around porch with a beautiful view and perhaps an apple orchard
- Set aside funds for my daughter
- Start my own nonprofit that would probably have something to do with books and kids
- Take care of my family, paying off all bills, etc.
- Worrying way more than I should
- Drinking too much soda (Coke Classic, baby)
- Watching too many Bravo reality shows
- Cursing too much in traffic (I drive an hour to and from work. Give me a break people!)
- Tazewell, VA (my hometown)
- Emory, VA (my college town)
- Lins, Saul Paulo, Brazil (I taught English there for five months)
- Fairfax, VA
- Alexandria, VA
What are five jobs you have had?
- Cashier at a pharmacy
- Shoes salesperson at a department store
I can't handle the pressure, so I'm taking the easy way out. Sorry MotherReader! If anyone would like to participate, consider yourself tagged!