Saturday, April 5, 2008

MotherReader's Third Annual 48-Hour Book Challenge

I have so many books in my "to-be-read" pile that I often wish I could dedicate a good chunk of time solely to reading. Now MotherReader has given me a perfect excuse to do so in her Third Annual 48-Hour Book Challenge.

Here are the basic rules straight from MotherReader herself:
  1. The weekend is June 6–8, 2008. Read and blog for any 48-hour period within the Friday-to-Monday-morning window. Start no sooner than 7:00 a.m. on Friday the sixth and end no later than 7:00 a.m. Monday. So, go from 7:00 p.m. Friday to 7:00 p.m. on Sunday... or maybe 7:00 a.m. Saturday to 7:00 a.m. Monday works better for you. But the 48 hours do need to be in a row.

  2. The books should be about fifth-grade level and up. Adult books are fine, especially if any adult book bloggers want to play. If you are generally a picture book blogger, consider this a good time to get caught up on all those wonderful books you’ve been hearing about. No graphic novels. I’m not trying to discriminate, I’m just trying to make sure that the number of books and page counts mean the same thing to everyone.
Read the rest of the rules and guidelines and sign up here!

No comments:

Post a Comment