I will completely rip off her call to action though. Jen says:
"We think that the Cybils nominations will be of interest to parents, teachers, librarians, writers, and teens. If you have a blog or an email list or belong to a newsgroup that serves one of these populations, and you feel that your readers would be interested, please consider distributing this announcement (you are welcome to copy it). The Cybils team would very much appreciate your help in spreading the word. And if you, or the children that you know, have any titles to suggest, we would love to see your nominations at the Cybils blog, starting on Wednesday. "
Oh, and while I'm ripping off bloggers, I'm stealing Charlotte's idea and telling you which books I'm thinking of nominating. I clearly have no shame.
- The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson (my review)
I'm torn between:
- The Girl in the Castle Inside the Museum by Kate Bernheimer (ill. Nicoletta Ceccoli) (my review)
- In a Blue Room by Jim Averbeck (ill. Tricia Tusa) (my review) (this is also Charlotte's choice)
- Splat the Cat (my review)
- Wave (my review)
- The Sea Serpent and Me (my review)
- The Scrambled States of America Talent Show (my review)
Nonfiction Picture Books:
I'm also torn between:
- Sisters & Brothers: Sibling Relationships in the Animal World by Steve Jenkins and Robin Page (my review)
- As Good as Anybody by Richard Michelson (ill. Raul Colon) (my review)
- Manfish: The Story of Jacques Cousteau by Jennifer Berne (ill. Eric Puybaret) (my review)
- A Thousand Never Evers by Shana Burg (my review)
- I'm not nominating anything in this category because I'm on the round 1 panel! Woot Woot! I can't wait to take a look at all of the fabulous books you're going to nominate in this category.
- I haven't read any 2008 published easy readers, so no nominations from me. I seriously need to start reading and reviewing those though.
- T4 by Ann Clare LeZotte (my review)
Young Adult Fiction:
Once again I'm torn. Here are my top choices:
- Madapple by Christina Meldrum (my review)
- Sweethearts by Sara Zarr (my review)
- Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott (my review)
- The Patron Saint of Butterflies by Cecilia Galante (my review)
Alright...so I've got serious thinking to do for some categories. I'm looking forward to seeing your nominations!